Thursday 11 February 2010

Today's achievements

2 things of note today - 1) managed to get a pair of jeans on - yippee !! easier than it sounds with a massively swollen hip but I did it and they're staying on ! 2) managed to walk round to friends - about a 5 min walk and back - took me double the usual time and I did it on 2 crutches but no ill effects so far !

Scar is still healing up nicely and almost all pink now - just some small bits of scabby skin left. Planning my first proper venture out tomorrow - off out for lunch with my mum to a local garden centre - will be lovely to be able to explore. Once I'm comfortably using 1 crutch outside the house (I anticipate next week at around 3 weeks post op) I'm going to give driving a try. Not as crazy as it sounds as I have an automatic so don't need the operated leg. Surgeon gave me the ok to drive at 3/4 weeks post op so will have to try it out. Not that I'm planning on any wild adventures but you never know !

Means if I can drive I can go and visit my physio (about 30 mins away) and get some new/extra exercises and hopefully get his seal of approval on progress so far. Also means I'll be able to take my dog for a walk - lots of places nearby I can take him in the car to and then let him off once we're there - which I think would be easier than walking him on a lead. Might be getting ahead of myself but we'll see !

2 comments:

  1. Ah - I remember wearing jeans for the first time. At about 4 weeks post-op. And you are right - even at 4 weeks I still had some swelling and it was no easy task.

    Yet so worth it!

    ReplyDelete