Sunday 14 February 2010

Gettting better every day...

...wow the hip is feeling good. Managed my first proper walk outdoors today with only one crutch and I'm starting to get the feeling inside that I could walk around in the kitchen without any crutch/stick. I also feel like I'm ready to walk upstairs normally (even with the crutch) rather than one step at a time.

It definitely feels this weekend like it's taken a step forward - swelling less so I'm only icing once a day instead of 3/4 times - and needing less painkillers which is great. I realised this morning that when I woke up I didn't need a painkiller as the discomfort I felt was simply stiffness in the muscles rather than any soreness if that makes sense.

I'm doing physio exercises 2 or 3 times a day and they are also getting easier. The leg length issue seems to be resolving itself slowly too although it may just be I'm getting used to it.

Will be 3 weeks post op on Tuesday and can't wait for it to be 6 weeks so I can drop the restrictions. Going to see my surgeon on the 8th March for my review so hopefully he'll be pleased with progress and I can get back to doing normal things !

3 comments:

  1. Wowza! Fantastic progress Dee - 3 weeks and you are down to one crutch outside. Just amazing. You said I was your inspiration - you've put me to shame now.

    I'm happy to relinquish my role to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Dee, you're doing great! So proud of you and so pleased for you too.
    Hugs
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete