Monday 18 January 2010

If there ever was any doubt...

...then I know for sure this week that THR is the right decision. The hip has been gradually getting worse since December - and funnily enough took a big step downhill when I saw my surgeon and he confirmed the op - power of the mind or what ! In the last week my pain levels have escalated to the point that it's pretty much sore all the time (from needing to take a painkiller once a day if I overdid it to pretty much needing them all day and night) and it feels like I actually have another tear or something similar in the joint. Not that it matters as in just over a week I'll have a brand spanking new hip joint and fingers crossed, the nasty dysplasia pain will be gone, gone, gone !

Things I am looking forward to are:

*being able to walk upstairs like a normal person
*being able to walk upstairs whilst carrying something
*not being stopped in my tracks by a nasty sharp spiky jab to the hip
*being able to put my own socks on and tie my shoelaces (well eventually)
*being able to paint my own toenails (hey a girl has to keep standards up)
*being able to walk as far as I want to without worrying about how I'll get back
*being able to meet a friend for coffee without having to go somewhere next to a car park

hmmm I bet you can detect I'm a bit fed up today !! Roll on next Wednesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment