Sunday 24 January 2010

Final preparations

Been getting organised this weekend as it's the last weekend before the big op and the crutches take over for few weeks. Essentials have included getting hair cut and coloured - from past experience if you've got to be stuck at home on crutches feeling sorry for yourself, make sure you do all you can to look/feel your best first !! and hopefully a pedicure tomorrow so at least my feet look pretty as my hip certainly won't ! No coloured nail polish though as they make you take it off at the hospital.

Got to phone my surgeon's secretary tomorrow morning and find out where I am on the list ..hopefully near the top so not too much waiting about on Wed, but que sera sera..

I've been really fortunate in the last few days to read some great positive blogs about other young people's THR experiences and I'm feeling really optimistic about the pain going and getting my mobility back... FINGERS CROSSED !!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck this week!!!!

    xo Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes best of luck Dee, I'm excited for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am excited for you. It's scary and daunting, that's true. But ultimately just keep focusing on the prize of all prizes - living a pain free life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you Dee, and hoping it's all gone well!!

    xxoo Denise

    ReplyDelete